cancel
Announcements

Ask the Expert- SD-WAN

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

DNA Center syslog

If logging to a syslog server is enabled on DNA center, what is the amount of daily log volume we could expect?

I suppose this will also be related to the number of devices (switches, clients) managed by DNAC. Are there any guidelines for calculating the log volume?

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Beginner

Re: DNA Center syslog

Hi Jan,

do you want to export the System Syslog messages from the DNA Center? If so, as far as I know you have to do this in /etc/rsyslog.conf. To get a rough idea of how many messages there will be you can analyze the /var/log/syslog file. In my experience there are a lot of messages, so it will probably be too much for the syslog server.

If you simply add a syslog server to the Network Settings (Design -> Network Settings -> Network), the DNA Center will only add the logging host when provisioning. I think the critical trap level will be configured. Then you have the normal amount of syslog messages a switch produces.

Small tip:

Since the DNA user logs on to the device very often, I recommended to remove the logging process from the local buffer. This simplifies the local troubleshooting later.

logging discriminator dna-user msg-body drops dna-user has exited|user: dna-user
logging buffered discriminator dna-user

Best regards,

Johannes

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards