cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center Wireless Assurance - OTT (Over the Top) vs SD-Access (Fabric Enabled)

justinbodie
Level 4
Level 4

I would like to know if anyone has a reference or white paper comparing the following two DNA Center Wireless Assurance use cases:
- Over the Top Wireless
- Fabric Enabled Wireless

It would be great to see a chart with Assurance features for each of the use cases.

I have a TAC case open on this question as well. None of the documentation I've found seems to tell you which features of Assurance you get based on the use case.

Thank you!
Justin

5 Replies 5

anantsiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Justin . There is no chart available yet for this . We would be helpful to assist you for any queries

Hi there i am trying to understand the differences between Fabric Enabled Wireless vs running Meraki OTT fabric and what features / functionality will be lost if running Meraki over SDA from an Assurance point of view.

I understand the many benefits of running Fabric Enabled Wireless over SDA:

- consistent policy between wired and wireless

- seamless roaming

- consistent user experience

- single management platform for wired and wireless (DNAC)

- live capture

- RF Analytics etc..

Do we still get information for the wireless user if they are connected to Meraki Wifi? The user will still authenticate with ISE and will have API integration between Meraki and DNAC.. I am trying to show a comparison / pros and cons of Fabric enabled Wifi vs Meraki OTT..

It would be great to have your thoughts on this,

Thanks

Rays

The most up to date list of benefits for Meraki + Cisco DNA integration are in the data sheet.  You won't be able to see any Assurance data for Meraki wireless users; that only happens through Meraki dashboard

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-06-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Merakiintegration

Features and benefits of Meraki integration:

●      Single dashboard inventory across all platforms (Meraki, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Integrated Services Routers [ISRs], and Aironet)

●      Up-or-down status of all devices in a single platform

●      Use existing Meraki API keys; no additional license required

●      Combined topology mapping of hybrid environments

●      Ability to assign SSIDs to Meraki access points from within Cisco DNA Center

dhshukla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin , As Ana said ,There isn't a chart comparing supported features on Assurance for Fabric enabled wireless vs OTT.

As long as any supported device for assurance become a part of DNAC inventory . It would be able to collect data ,process it &write back to assurance UI irrespective of Fabric enabled Wireless or OTT.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/supported/devices/DNAC12-Supported-Devices-List.xlsx

Let me know if there any specific feature that you are looking for .

Good day ! 

Cheers,

Dheeraj

ammahend
VIP
VIP

The only requirement for device assurance is that the device be added to inventory and assigns to a site. 

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: