Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA deployment

Pranav Mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am going to build DNAC cluster, However due to some issue original DNS and NTP are not reachable as of now. it will take couple of weeks to make them reachable.

How feasible it is to configure other DNS and NTP server while building cluster and then change it once original DNS and NTP are reachable?  

Regards,

Pranav

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

As much as I know, there shouldn't be an issue changing the DNS and NTP later. I have done it for a single node, but not a cluster. The problem you would have is if you want to change the Cluster port IP, as that would require a re-image of the appliance.

Use the CLI command sudo maglev-config update 

View solution in original post

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Pranav Mhatre 

It's Recommended to setup those elements one time because you will face a lot of issues if you change these in the future especially for FQDN of Cisco ISE integration through authentication and policy integration, and WLC, if you can delay a setup till all elements ready will be better.

Also, I want to point out this article will give you good information.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-dnac-deployment-from-zero/ta-p/3949407

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

As much as I know, there shouldn't be an issue changing the DNS and NTP later. I have done it for a single node, but not a cluster. The problem you would have is if you want to change the Cluster port IP, as that would require a re-image of the appliance.

Use the CLI command sudo maglev-config update 

Hello Grabonlee,

Thank you for sharing expertise.

Have you used command "magctl appstack status" in your setup from CIMC?

@Pranav Mhatre 

No, I have not had a need to use the command. If there are any constraints to set up your DNAC, then I would advice to wait till you have all pieces in place. 

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Pranav Mhatre 

It's Recommended to setup those elements one time because you will face a lot of issues if you change these in the future especially for FQDN of Cisco ISE integration through authentication and policy integration, and WLC, if you can delay a setup till all elements ready will be better.

Also, I want to point out this article will give you good information.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-dnac-deployment-from-zero/ta-p/3949407

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: