Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Device delete, upgrade and policy issue

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

i have deployed DNA 1.3.3.3(1). i have discovered 4331 router and 9300 switch. i am facing following issue.

1. when i try to delete (with and without cleanup configuration option selected), it shows that device is being deleted, after some time i get error " error while deleting device", after sometime, last sync status change to managed.

2. when i try to apply qos policy to selected devices, it shows 0/0 deployment status and doesnt deploy qos policy

3. when i select os as start image and once os is uploaded to router/switch, when i tell it to upgrade image, it takes longer to upgrade and reboot.

Regards

3 Replies 3

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

I can help you with two of your questions:

1. Ensure that your device does not have any interfaces Onboarded. Once all Onboarded ports are cleared then remove the device from fabric. Once removed from fabric ensure that the device is currently managed and isn't resyncing. After those steps you should be able to remove from inventory without issue.

2. This is the one I cannot answer. To date we have not deployed QoS with DNAC.

3. There are two steps to the upgrade - 1-Deploy; 2-Instal. The deploy portion just sends the image (via SCP or HTTP) to your NAD. Once deployment has completed then it goes into the Upgrade portion. During Upgrade it needs to clean up your file system, install the image and then reboot. The process is the same and takes about the same amount of time as when you upgrade a device manually. To give you an idea on what is "normal" our 9K Catalyst switches usually take between 12 and 20 from deployment to upgrade completion.

HTH,

Chuck McFadden

--Please mark helpful posts as helpful--

hi

thanks for reply

We have deployed DNA and have not implemented Router and Switches in Fabric mode. i have just discovered switches and had applied qos. Because we don't have green field deployment and have complex network and therefore are not thinking to use sd-access (fabric mode).

It's OK to use DNAC just for assurance and for device management (IOS upgrades, etc). Were the answers that I provided helpful or do you have any other questions? Unsure by your response if I provided the answers that you were seeking.

HTH,

Chuck McFadden

--Please mark helpful posts as helpful--

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: