cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

DNA Essentials to DNA Advantage

If I have 9300 and 9500 switches, can I upgrade from the Essentials to Advantage? If so, what are the steps in doing so?

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: DNA Essentials to DNA Advantage

Yes, we don't intend customers to have to make any hardware changes in order to change licensing. Once you have the license ordered, you'll want to use the "license boot level" command and reload to enable the new license.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

I think I have found the answer to my question...

C9300-LIC=

Electronic Cisco DNA Upgrade License for C9300 switches. Note: when upgrading from Cisco DNA Essentials to Cisco DNA Advantage, Network Essentials is also upgraded to Network Advantage

This allows for the upgrade to the license without having to reorder the hardware.. Does this seem correct?

Cisco Employee

Yes, we don't intend customers to have to make any hardware changes in order to change licensing. Once you have the license ordered, you'll want to use the "license boot level" command and reload to enable the new license.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Awesome thanks.

Jeff

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards