cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Essentials to DNA Advantage

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

If I have 9300 and 9500 switches, can I upgrade from the Essentials to Advantage? If so, what are the steps in doing so?

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, we don't intend customers to have to make any hardware changes in order to change licensing. Once you have the license ordered, you'll want to use the "license boot level" command and reload to enable the new license.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have found the answer to my question...

C9300-LIC=

Electronic Cisco DNA Upgrade License for C9300 switches. Note: when upgrading from Cisco DNA Essentials to Cisco DNA Advantage, Network Essentials is also upgraded to Network Advantage

This allows for the upgrade to the license without having to reorder the hardware.. Does this seem correct?

Yes, we don't intend customers to have to make any hardware changes in order to change licensing. Once you have the license ordered, you'll want to use the "license boot level" command and reload to enable the new license.

Awesome thanks.

Jeff

very helpful Command 

Thanks Preston 

kapil.atrish
Level 4
Level 4

Commands for the Cat 9300 platform running IOS 16.X are as follows:

https://content.cisco.com/chapter.sjs?uri=/searchable/chapter/content/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_166_sys_mgmt_9300_cg/b_166_sys_mgmt_9300_cg_chapter_011.html.xml

DNA Advantage (Single Device)

license right-to-use [activate | deactivate] addon dna-advantage subscription [acceptEULA]

license right-to-use [activate | deactivate] addon dna-advantage evaluation [acceptEULA]

DNA Advantage (Stack: all)

license right-to-use [activate | deactivate] addon dna-advantage subscription all [acceptEULA]

license right-to-use [activate | deactivate] addon dna-advantage evaluation all [acceptEULA]

tx

Kapil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: