Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dna export config unsanitized

How device configuration can be exported unsanitized so that it can be reused with all credentials e.g. manuel RMA of a device?

Any way to switch between unsanitized / sanitized mode for the CLI output in DNAC ?

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is RMA the only reason you need this? The new version of Cisco DNA Center has an RMA workflow that will copy the old config over for you!

https://video.cisco.com/detail/video/6096001000001/unpacking-cisco-dna-center-pt.1:-return-material-authorization-rma?autoStart=true&q=cisco%20dna

Preston,

RMA is only one usecase. Comparision, archive are other usecases.

I agreed the new workflow may fit the fabric devices. Lets think about replacing a more complex device e.g. Border Nodes or Fusion or non-fabric devices. Therefore an unsantizied config may better fit for a replacement unit. Did you ever tried to replace a border node ? Its funny ...

I dont know why the config output is sanitized in DNAC. In Cisco Prime config could be exported sanitized or unsanitized. This feature was introduced after a while.  And the device config export to an external repository as well.

As non-Fabric devices will also be managed by DNAC.

My point is even there is a way to export any config in unsanitized format currently.

Otherwise I will address this point to the BU / TMEs.

The Plan is to support all the roles in fabric in coming releases for RMA workflow , but i can understand what you are looking for, let me check with BU and see if we can get this in any future releases.

stivemorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. I am new here. Thanks for the useful information. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: