Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA for E2E Network Visibility

Mejo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Could some one give me more insights on Cisco DNA. I am looking for an End to End solution for my network, which will be having Network(LAN/WAN/DC), Voice and Collaboration, Video and Digital media devices. In the DNA data sheet , its mentioned the maximum scale is 1000 devices. I have an environment with 2000 plus devices and 18k IP/Analog phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mejo,

Work is happening now to increase the scale. However, the new scaling numbers and the target availability dates are confidential roadmap information at this time and cannot be discussed on a public forum. Please speak to your local Cisco sales team and they will be able to share with you some more information about the next planned scaling limits.

Also note that just because DNAC cannot cover the whole network today that does not it mean it cannot help right now. Your customer might find that immediately moving part of the network to DNAC can increase operational efficiency e.g. maybe move just the WLCs and APs .

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mejo,

A list of devices that DNA Center (DNAC) supports is here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/products-device-support-tables-list.html

DNAC does not manage IP phones or digital media devices. It can however "Assure" that the LAN and WAN is correctly providing services that at IP phones or media devices require e.g. QOS, DHCP, DNS, etc.

Because IP phones and digital media devices are not be managed by DNAC, they would not count towards the 1000 device limit. Only things listed in the URL I shared above would count towards the 1000 limit. From the perspective of DNAC, IP phones and media devices would count as clients. The current limit for number of clients is 25,000 (see table 7):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/nb-09-dna-center-data-sheet-cte-en.html

There is plans to increase DNAC capacity in future. If you need details of that then please contact a Cisco representative.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It was really helpful. In my customer environment, we have 1000+ devices including Nexus,L2/L3 switches/Routers, AP's , WLC's etc. So I think DNA can't cover whole devices. When we could expect an increase in the number of devices that DNA can support?

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mejo,

Work is happening now to increase the scale. However, the new scaling numbers and the target availability dates are confidential roadmap information at this time and cannot be discussed on a public forum. Please speak to your local Cisco sales team and they will be able to share with you some more information about the next planned scaling limits.

Also note that just because DNAC cannot cover the whole network today that does not it mean it cannot help right now. Your customer might find that immediately moving part of the network to DNAC can increase operational efficiency e.g. maybe move just the WLCs and APs .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: