Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA IMPLEMENTATION

isaaco001
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Support,

I am to implement a DNA appliance on a network with redundant core and distribution switches and wireless. I dont have ISE, what are the areas/topics/references in DNA center that I should review to implement the logical network?

I have seen some trainings online but they seem to focus on DNA + ISE integrations.. for some reason.

Regards,

Isaac.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Just to follow up on this.

I think assurance is a great way to start using you DNA Center.

It does not require anything other than DNA Licenses for you devices, and will give you a lot of insights.

When you discover a preconfigured device it will automatically be added to the DNAC, and configured to stream telemetry towards the DNA NDP.

When you have discovered you devices and added them to the design, automate some configuration changes using the template system.

And then when you feel like it take a look at PNP/Day-0 deployment.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Do you know what you want to use the DNA Center for at this moment?

Is it for Assurance, Automation or SDA?

Rasmus,

Thanks for your prompt response!

From a brief research automation is about configuring the devices from the DNA and assurance is more of a intelligence/information gathering mechanism, SDA is more ISE related.

Am not implementing ISE so I guess SDA is out.

Most likely its the automation part, i guess this will involve configuring the swiches and wlc from the DNA itself?

Is it possibly to configure the switches and wlc traditionally with CLI then add the DNA capability?

Kindly advise whether its automation then assurance or what is the implementation steps/phases?

Regards,

Isaac.

Hi

It does not require anything other than DNA Licenses for you devices, and will give you a lot of insights.

When you discover a preconfigured device it will automatically be added to the DNAC, and configured to stream telemetry towards the DNA NDP.

When you have discovered you devices and added them to the design, automate some configuration changes using the template system.

And then when you feel like it take a look at PNP/Day-0 deployment.

Rasmus,

I think going with assurance first is a more practical approach for me since am just starting DNA implementations.  I will design and configure with traditional CLI then add the preconfigured appliances to DNA appliance,then touch on automations as recommended!

Thanks alot!

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here are some really good resources that can aide in providing you an overall better understanding.  As @rasmus.elmholt asked, it is best to determine what your goal is with DNAC first.  Something to note is that for a true SDA deployment ISE is a critical component that is needed.  Take a peek at the following & engage your Cisco reps:

Cisco ISE & NAC Resources - Cisco Community

Cisco SD-Access Resources - Cisco Community

Cisco EN Validated Design and Deployment Guides - Cisco Community

HTH!

Mike,

Thanks for you prompt response, i will review the recommended guidelines as you have shared! I really appreciate.

Regards,

Isaac.

Thanks alot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: