Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA templates & copy run start

Newbee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am playing around with the Velocity templates in DNA (running System ver 1.3.0.159) and it doesn't appear to copy the template changes to the startup-config on switches after deployment (switches running Gilbraltar 16.12.03 and Fuji 16.9.5)?

I was hoping to use them to deploy new NTP servers and login banners in a single deployment but if I have to run around to all devices doing a write mem afterwards then it kind of limits the scalability and purpose of using templates.

Apologies if I missed something really obvious

Thanks for your help anyone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

System version 1.3.0.159 corresponds to Cisco DNA Center 1.3.3.8, which does not save the configuration provisioned through a template to the startup-config. Starting with Cisco DNA Center 2.1.x, configurations pushed through templates will be saved to startup-config. We expect the first generally available release of 2.1.x to be made public later this month.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nathan_Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

System version 1.3.0.159 corresponds to Cisco DNA Center 1.3.3.8, which does not save the configuration provisioned through a template to the startup-config. Starting with Cisco DNA Center 2.1.x, configurations pushed through templates will be saved to startup-config. We expect the first generally available release of 2.1.x to be made public later this month.

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Just to add to this, you can add the following to the end of your template to save the configuration.

#MODE_ENABLE
write memory
#END_MODE_ENABLE

or

do write memory

Newbee
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks - both replies were extremely helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: