cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC 1.1 - Set Interface VN, pool, authentication via API?

jbarbee
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an API call to push changes to interfaces to assign Pool,VN and authentication parameters to ports in the switches in fabric inventory? I have been through the DNA Swagger URL on DNAC 1.1 and do not see a POST interface for this.

Our use case is for a migration process to help restore older vlan mappings to new DNAC fabric switches.

2 Replies 2

Pascal Weber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm also struggling with the current API. there are not much available as i see. we would like to get our the assurance information as our helpdesk don't want to have dna center open the whole day.

Are there any hidden API's which are not documented?

Where can you access the Swagger? - Is there any Swagger as it was in the APIC-EM? i only find the official documentation which is still only available in version 1.1...

Do you have any information about this?

Regards

Pascal

To update my opening thread, I got this working, and it's now on Github.

https://github.com/jasonbarbee/dnac-bulk

The Public APIs on 1.1 seem limited right now. I couldn't find what I wanted to do in the public APIs.

I had to use Inspector on Firefox and inspect the actual calls that the DNA web interface used to reverse engineer the requests from the Javascript front end side, then replicate and rebuild API calls by hand in python...

So after I inspected the Host On Boarding page API calls, I built a python script to handle these calls and we've cutover many DNA Fabric switches using the script, and gradually improved it over the past couple months. We have many more to go over the next few months, and the tool works great, and has some common error handling, and it's actively being improved to make our cutover process smooth.

For your Assurance question, you will just have to do what I did and reverse engineer the APIs from the web page - until Cisco releases Assurance API interfaces.

Your API / Swagger question - they moved it -  used to be /swagger in DNA 1.0, but 1.1 it was changed to /dna/apitester

There are some other API guides on DevNet, but again, they just didn't give me the answers I needed.

Most of the APIs I wanted to use were not documented.

Currently I have a process worked out to convert an IOS config file to a YAML structure, then convert that into a simple CSV for my importing script, and then my script posts the configurations to DNA API for the fabric switch ports.

The script can convert, import, export, wipe switch port configs, and find mac addresses on the Fabric. We are on DNA 1.1.2.

Hopefully that answers most of your questions and gives you some direction,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: