Helpful
Replies

DNAC 1.3.3.1 Does not allow Smart Account Selection

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

DNAC 1.3.3.1

I have a CCO login that has multiple Smart Accounts linked to it (e.g. multiple customer domain identifiers).

When I configure DNAC to Link my Smart Account, it accepts my CCO credentials, but it doesn't give me a choice about which Account I wish to use - it just picks a random one. I need the ability to tell DNAC which Smart Account it should be using.

Is there a way to fix this?

regards

Arne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, yep. Totally agree with you on your scenario. I would reach out to reps and submit a 'make-a-wish' via DNAC to hopefully get this submitted and tracked as a feature request.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
AFAIK you have the ability to setup your CCO account, click License tab (same area), enable auto register smart license enabled devices, and once you enable this you can specifically select/identify which virtual account you wish to use for future discovered devices. Note that once new devices are discovered you will link/register them all to the one selected account. HTH!

Thanks Mike. I will give that a try in the morning. If you ask me, there’s too much “auto” going on in DNAC :/) Can’t always rely on automatic decisions in complex environments. 

Hi @Mike.Cifelli 

You're right - you can choose the Virtual Account from the list of accounts within the Smart Account (Smart Account can contain many Virtual Accounts). 

The issue that I have is that my CCO ID is linked to multiple Smart Accounts (i.e. multiple customers) - DNA does not allow me to choose the Smart Account - it just picks whatever it wants to.

I think this is a bug/feature

Ah, yep. Totally agree with you on your scenario. I would reach out to reps and submit a 'make-a-wish' via DNAC to hopefully get this submitted and tracked as a feature request.

I made a wish via the DNAC GUI and I got a reply. This was an existing request on the roadmap ... and the feature will be coming soon.