cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC 1.3 cannot configure Layer 2 hand-off on Border node (C9500-24Y4C)

Nashja
Level 1
Level 1

My DNAC version 1.3 cannot configure Layer 2 hand-off on Border node (C9500-24Y4C) that showed “Provisioning failed due to invalid parameter. Border L2 hand-off is not supported on device XXXX.

I tried to create new IP Pool, re-provision Border node and so on but no luck. It still got the same error.

Please help.

Thank you.

Nash

3 Replies 3

Nathan_Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Support for layer-2 border handoff automation for C9500-32C/32QC/24Y4C/48Y4C is being planned for a future Cisco DNA Center version. It will also require IOS-XE 16.12+ running on those platforms.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your support.

I have one question. Can I configure Layer 2 handoff manually on Border node. I used to configure Layer 3 handoff manually on Border that work fine. Do you have the Layer 2 handoff configuration template.

Thank you.

Nash

Jonathan Cuthbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can I configure Layer 2 handoff manually on Border node. I used to configure Layer 3 handoff manually on Border that work fine. Do you have the Layer 2 handoff configuration template.

You cannot. The L3 handoff is VRF-lite. 

The L2 handoff is a LISP configuration. There is a not a template for this, and manual LISP is not supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: