Helpful
Replies

DNAC and On-Prem SSM (CSSM) Server Integration

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

I am using DNAC 2.2.2.8 and On-Prem Smart Software Manager version 8-202112

I have a lot of Cisco gear already talking to the on-prem CSSM server (e.g. ISE, Prime, Catalyst etc.) - but DNAC is proving to be really hard. For starters, there is no option to integration simply using a token (as is done with other products)

Through pure chance I came across a Community discussion about how to setup the API stuff between DNAC and CSSM. That finally brought some joy. I have "comms" to the CSSM using the "On-Prem CSSM" Transport. But now I don't know how to proceed because I see the following messages.

smart.png

smart2.png

smart3.png

5 Replies 5

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In regards to the message for Smart licensing for the Cisco DNA Center registration.  The Cisco DNA Center can not at this time register with with the OnPrem CSSM.  The Cisco DNA Center itself registers using the "Direct Mode".  That is why you are seeing the error.

For example,  My cluster is setup for connection mode "Smart Proxy" for "Devices".  But my Cisco DNA Center is using "Direct" mode for itself.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.23.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.23.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.18.38 PM.png

Thanks Thomas

Is this due to a bug in DNAC? Why is there a configuration option for "On-Prem CSSM" in DNAC when this doesn't actually work?

I can't use the Smart Proxy transport because I don't have access to the Smart Account - I have only been given access to the On-Prem Smart server and have access to the Admin Workspace and the On-Prem Smart Licensing Portal.

Hi Tomas

is this still the case with DNAC 2.3.3.4 ?

Has anyone solved this issue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot make my controlled devices use one mode and my DNA to use another mode, to register to CSSM.

MichelB
Level 1
Level 1

This is the document which I received from the TAC which was the solution in our case

NOTE1: be sure that DNAC can reach the On Prem server on port 8443

NOTE2:be sure that the user on the On Prem server has the system-role : "system admin"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: