Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC API and roles

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to add devices to the fabric through the API. Using the "Add control plane to fabric" works fine, but as this is a collocated border and control plane i need the "Add border to fabric" as well. When i do the secondary call, the API responds with "'Fabric role change is not allowed. This device already exist in SDA fabric with role assigned = MAPSERVER',". Adding the same device as an edge also fails. Using the GUI, i can use the slide to add a switch as control, border and edge in one operation. Is this not possible through the API? DNAC 2.2.2.3.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aninda Chatterjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is a big gap in our Fabric role API today and there is no workaround for this. You cannot incrementally add roles to a fabric device, and there is no API to select multiple roles.

This gap has already been identified, and road mapped. We are working on publishing an API which allows for multiple roles to be selected at once.

Regards,

Aninda

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aninda Chatterjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is a big gap in our Fabric role API today and there is no workaround for this. You cannot incrementally add roles to a fabric device, and there is no API to select multiple roles.

This gap has already been identified, and road mapped. We are working on publishing an API which allows for multiple roles to be selected at once.

Regards,

Aninda

OK, thanks. Do you know when?

This was roadmapped for a release scheduled for early-mid 2022 (tentatively).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: