Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC API with Essentials License?

dd.jesus.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Devnet,

DNAC Sandboxes have Advance License and I do not have access to any DNAC Instance with Essentials License. Therefore my questions, I really hope someone knows the answers:

Should I expect expect different APIS in DNAC if Essentials License is purchased instead of Advance?

Specifically, I am interested in the following call (tested with Advance License only):

/dna/intent/api/v1/network-device

https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/dnac-api-docs-1-3/docs/swagger-1.3-v3_annotated.html#!/Devices/getDeviceList

Is this API Call available with DNAC Essentials License?

Am I at risk to get less information or different models if I use DNAC Essentials License instead of Advance?

Will I be able to get information from legacy cisco switches using this api? (Given snmp is configured on those switches and DNAC has discovered them)

Would I need a license for those legacy devices to see them in the DNAC inventory?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pavan Siripuram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't think there is a limitation on license for API's on Cisco DNA Center , atleast the basic API's should work , so in your case to get device details etc which are part of base Automation should work with Essential license , might be some advanced API's which are related to SD-Access or Assurance which needs Advantage license might not work.

with Essential License you can do base Automation which includes Inventory management , Software Management , PNP etc.,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Pavan Siripuram
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't think there is a limitation on license for API's on Cisco DNA Center , atleast the basic API's should work , so in your case to get device details etc which are part of base Automation should work with Essential license , might be some advanced API's which are related to SD-Access or Assurance which needs Advantage license might not work.

with Essential License you can do base Automation which includes Inventory management , Software Management , PNP etc.,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: