cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC - App Experience Feedback

d-wade
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to see if anyone has enabled the App Experience feature in DNA Center? What kind of visibility do you have? I have a SDA fabric deployed in a campus environment and would like to gather further insight into popular application performance (O365, Dropbox, etc.) within the fabric, but I don't want to enable a beta feature in a prod environment.

Please provide your feedback! Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Application Health dashboard, will help with general overview of the health of all applications on the network. Includes a special section on applications that have been tagged as business relevant. Business-relevant application issues are highlighted, with suggested remediation for any anomalies.

I have experience of enabling, App Experience, what you get is :-

-It tracks performance of predefined “critical business applications.” Shows user experience and performance metrics.

-Provides specialized rapid troubleshooting per application and per client.

-Provides unparalleled visibility and performance control over the applications that are critical to your core business, on a per-user basis.

-Allows users the performance they need on the applications key to their company role.

App Experience is based on data of netflow records exported by routers.Hope this helps.

As Farhan said, theres quite a bit of information to be had, but a compatible router is required with netflow telemetry enabled

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2-1/user_guide/b_dnac_ug_1_2_1/b_dnac_ug_1_2_chapter_010100.html

Use a ASR/ISR router with 16.6.x and above. Also add a description "lan" to the interface from which you want to export netflow. On DNAC select Maximum Telemetry for the router and netflow config with performance monitor context will be Automated . 

DNAC will then visualize stats such as Delay, jitter, packet loss . From 1.3, these stats are available for both TCP apps as well as media apps. In addition URLs are shown as well.