cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC changing switches configuration from IBDN1 to IBDN2

slizarraga
Level 1
Level 1

I have a group of 9200L switches to manage and a DNAC, I am new to the DNAC.

When I provision a simple template, which only changes de exec-timeout, the DNAC changes the configuration of the switch from IBDN1 to IBDN2 *. It looks that the change is irreversible. That gets me in trouble because there is a lot of configuration in the interfaces that stops working.

I read that it DNAC only supports IBDN2. Anyway, can I avoid that change? Where can I select not to change more that what the templates indicates.

Thanks for your help!

* The logs shows the command thats the dnac issues:

001434: Feb 4 03:39:40.401 UTC: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:dnac3 logged command:authentication convert-to new-style

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please take a look at defect CSCvq54768:

-- https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq54768

A fix was committed to DNA center version 1.3.0.4 which provides the following new workflow:

-- If there is no AAA settings in Design tab for site, provisioning will not change AAA related configuration and doesn't upgrade style.

Once DNA center has been upgraded to the release where it changes from IBNS1.0 to IBNS 2.0, there is no way to avoid that change however the new workflow explained above will allow you to prevent DNA center from making the IBNS 2.0 configuration changes to the pre-existing IBNS1.0 configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please take a look at defect CSCvq54768:

-- https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq54768

A fix was committed to DNA center version 1.3.0.4 which provides the following new workflow:

-- If there is no AAA settings in Design tab for site, provisioning will not change AAA related configuration and doesn't upgrade style.

Once DNA center has been upgraded to the release where it changes from IBNS1.0 to IBNS 2.0, there is no way to avoid that change however the new workflow explained above will allow you to prevent DNA center from making the IBNS 2.0 configuration changes to the pre-existing IBNS1.0 configuration.

Cisco TAC recommended to move to 1.3.0.6. We had some issues with the upgrade (it stopped at 9%), but with TACs help it completed and after that no IDBN configuration is made when templates are applied.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: