cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Clustering

d-wade
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working to upgrade from 1.2.8 to 1.2.10 on a single DNAC appliance. Post-upgrade, I plan to cluster the DNAC appliances (3 in total). The other two appliances are on 1.2.8 (fresh ISO install).

Does anyone have any experiences with clustering? If so, did it work as intended or were there struggles?

Just want to get feedback since the clustering feature was in beta upon release.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are planning to upgrade first node to 1.2.10 then you need to upgrade other nodes to 1.2.10 as well before joining the cluster. Cluster can be formed when all nodes running the same software and hardware version.

In addition,

1. you need to join the nodes one by one and don’t try to join 2 nodes in parallel.
2. Need to have 3 node in cluster before you start redistributing services. Redistributing service for first time is not recommended with 2 node in cluster.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are planning to upgrade first node to 1.2.10 then you need to upgrade other nodes to 1.2.10 as well before joining the cluster. Cluster can be formed when all nodes running the same software and hardware version.

In addition,

1. you need to join the nodes one by one and don’t try to join 2 nodes in parallel.
2. Need to have 3 node in cluster before you start redistributing services. Redistributing service for first time is not recommended with 2 node in cluster.

Thanks

Thanks for the input!

So really I should cluster all the nodes (all currently on version 1.2.8) before upgrading to 1.2.10?

How would I upgrade the other nodes to 1.2.10 if they are not in the cluster? Perform a fresh ISO install?

Yes. Use a USB with 1.2.10 ISO and as the node boots up, select the Join Cluster option on the config wizard.

Hi!

Is there anyway to see if a second node has joined the cluster?

I'm pretty sure i selected the right option to join the cluster but my secondary node is till accessible through the GUI and i don't know how to see if it's replicating?

What should be the behaviour of a secondary node in a two node cluster?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: