Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Fabric Information Alerts

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear,

I'm running an SDA Fabric with DNAC 2.2.2.8.

On the Fabric page, I get Information Alerts (see enclosed screenshot) at the Site level. Same alerts are displayed when navigating down the hierarchy.

My question are:

- Considering I'm on a specific Fabric floor in DNAC GUI, does clicking on "Apply All" apply the fix only to this specific floor or to the whole Fabric?

- By clicking on "Apply all", are we able to preview the config before DNAC actually pushes it to the switches?

Best regards,

Sylvain.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This banner message is per fabric site. Once you hit apply, it will give 3 option - now, later and preview. Once you select preview it will generate a task. After that you can go to activity and check the task status where you will be able to find the config which will be applied and which device it will be applied. 

If you are satisfied with the config and wants to apply then you can deploy the task which will be immediately applied. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Apply all means 'all the changes" not all sites. The change will be applied to the fabric you are in. 

The only place I´ve seen preview on DNAC is when you are about to apply a template but you can see what´s going on by looking at the tasks. However, this is not a preview is more like a pos-view.

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This banner message is per fabric site. Once you hit apply, it will give 3 option - now, later and preview. Once you select preview it will generate a task. After that you can go to activity and check the task status where you will be able to find the config which will be applied and which device it will be applied. 

If you are satisfied with the config and wants to apply then you can deploy the task which will be immediately applied. 

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @Parthiv Shah, your answer is a great help!

Config Preview is available in the Provision part of DNAC 2.2.2.8 so I guess it is also available for this Fabric banner when pushing the "Apply All" button when using this DNAC version?

Sylvain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: