Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Image Repository Option Needed

CastleNetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have recently downloaded the latest image for cisco 9410 switch ,transferred to DNAC image repository.

Now I could see the both old and new image in image repository.

I have marked new image as Golden and when I have tried to update that image inventory -> device -> update image.

IT is not happening and says" Device is up to date - no update required".[Still referring old IOS]

I have found that, my new image is not marked as "SUGGESTED" . I think it is the problem. if yes, How I can make this happen? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"Suggested" just means it's the recommendation from Cisco.  It's not related to your issue.  Perhaps you weren't in "Global" in the site hierarchy when you marked the image as golden, so it got marked for sites where the cat9k was not located?  Double check the exact site in image repository to see if your Golden image is set there.  Usually, you'll want to be in Global, so that your Golden Image declaration is inherited by all sites.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"Suggested" just means it's the recommendation from Cisco.  It's not related to your issue.  Perhaps you weren't in "Global" in the site hierarchy when you marked the image as golden, so it got marked for sites where the cat9k was not located?  Double check the exact site in image repository to see if your Golden image is set there.  Usually, you'll want to be in Global, so that your Golden Image declaration is inherited by all sites.

CastleNetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Preston,

Thank you for quick reply. It worked.

Regards,

Kris