Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC installation

Pranav Mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am planning to build cluster of 2nd generation boxes and want to boot box with inbuild image that comes with box. Have few doubts regarding same.

1. During DNAC box installation, As per " Cisco DNA Center Second Generation Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.3.3.0" Post selecting - HMTL-based KVM, perform Power Cycle System.
and then will get Maglev Configuration wizard welcome screen directly.

However when I checked youtube video of "Cisco Software Defined Access", It shows we will have click on F6 and then select boot option and only then I will get Maglev Configuration wizard welcome screen.

SO bit confused here..... Can you please confirm steps that I need to take post selecting - HMTL-based KVM that I will have to take to install box.

2. Which option is better Java / HTML

3. Deployment guide also says that "Contacted the Cisco TAC, gave them the output of this command, and asked them to point you to the ISO that you should install on your second and third appliances." Is this necessary? Can't I boot 2nd and 3rd box with inbuild image that comes with box?

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
SO bit confused here..... Can you please confirm steps that I need to take post selecting - HMTL-based KVM that I will have to take to install box.
-The first thing you will need to do is configure CMIC. Upon bootup to configure CMIC hit "F8". Once CMIC is configured you can use that GUI to configure your appliance via, as you mentioned, the java or html kvm.
2. Which option is better Java / HTML
-IMO this is preference based and should not matter either way during your adventure.
3. Deployment guide also says that "Contacted the Cisco TAC, gave them the output of this command, and asked them to point you to the ISO that you should install on your second and third appliances." Is this necessary? Can't I boot 2nd and 3rd box with inbuild image that comes with box?
-You could, but I would reach out to TAC to get the version you wish to build on/from. Once you have that you can create your bootable iso and get all 3 up to snuff prior to configuring the appliances and creating the cluster. See here on how to create bootable iso, and begin the cluster journey: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2-8/install/b_dnac_install_128_M5/b_dnac_install_128M5_chapter_011.html

This link should help too:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3-1-0/install_guide/M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_1_0_M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_1_0_M5_chapter_0100.html

HTH!

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reply. My CIMC is up and running.

But instead of USB can I form the cluster on inbuild ISO image present in DNAC boxes and then upgrade box online?

But instead of USB can I form the cluster on inbuild ISO image present in DNAC boxes and then upgrade box online?

-AFAIK yes.  This should not be an issue pending all three appliances have same version (capable of running a cluster; starting @ ver 1.2.8) running on them out of box.  Good luck & HTH!

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: