cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC interface subnet size and switch-side config

Csaba Nagy
Level 1
Level 1

What's the minimum recommended size of the DNA-C 10G interface subnets?  A /28 for each interface should be more than enough allowing enough addresses for all 3 nodes including the VIP addresses too, shouldn't it?

In case of M4 appliance the switchports for the DNA-C 10G interfaces has to be configured as trunk while in case of M5 they have to be access ports. Is there anything else to watch out for M5 configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I don't think any of the interfaces need more than 4 IP's (3 physical + 1 Virtual). Maybe we need to document that as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Preston,

My question is more about the interface (Enterprise and Cluster) configuration in Maglev, they are steps 7 and 8 in the install guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3-1-0/install_guide/M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_1_0_M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_1_0_M5_chapter_0100.html

The /21 Services and Cluster Services are configured at Step 13 and they are different from the interface subnets.

What's the minimum size of the interface subnets?

Thanks,

Csaba

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I don't think any of the interfaces need more than 4 IP's (3 physical + 1 Virtual). Maybe we need to document that as well.