Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC - Inventory - platform field incorrect

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have been reviewing how out DNAC is using templates to push interface descriptions out and appears that it is using PlatformID field from inventory. Script checks is switch Plaform ID contains 24 or 48 in its string and if present depending on which goes about creating interface range definition.

The issue I have noticed is not with the script but the fact that Platform is not synchonizing.

Lets say I had originally stacked 24 and then 48 port switch, platform filed would contain the values in following order (C9300-24U, C9300-48U)

I am just assuming that this order is based on switch number it has in config "switch 1 provision ....."

Switches were rearranged, and now 48 port switch is first switch of the stack, but that does not appear to be represented int DNAC Inventory and the string for platform stays the same.

this causes template script to fails, as it created interface range definition lets say starting with gig1/0/1-24, gig2/0/1-48 and that will fail as second switch member does not have 48 ports and remainder of ports of switch one 25 to 48 would also not be covered. 

We are running DNAC 1.3.3.9.

Please advise if DNA is meant to update this field to truly represent switch order in stack, and if so, what is the cause for this to not work even after resync.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think this question would be best handled by opening a TAC case.  

One thing to note though is that in 2.1 and later, you don't have to mark interface descriptions manually any longer.  This is the blurb right from the Telemetry tab in Design->Network Settings

Interfaces For Application Telemetry

To enable telemetry on a device , select the device from the Provision table and choose “Actions->Enable Application Telemetry” By default, All access interfaces on a switch OR all LAN-facing interfaces on a router will be provisioned. To override this default behavior, tag specific interfaces to be designated as LAN interface, by putting the keyword “lan” in the interface description.
Once specific interfaces are tagged those interfaces will be monitored

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think this question would be best handled by opening a TAC case.  

One thing to note though is that in 2.1 and later, you don't have to mark interface descriptions manually any longer.  This is the blurb right from the Telemetry tab in Design->Network Settings

Interfaces For Application Telemetry

To enable telemetry on a device , select the device from the Provision table and choose “Actions->Enable Application Telemetry” By default, All access interfaces on a switch OR all LAN-facing interfaces on a router will be provisioned. To override this default behavior, tag specific interfaces to be designated as LAN interface, by putting the keyword “lan” in the interface description.
Once specific interfaces are tagged those interfaces will be monitored

Thanks Preston for you reply.