Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC IOS distribution error CAT9200

kjr_78901
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

We area deploying dnac in our company, but we ran into an issue.

When I try to distribute a new IOS to a SW 9200. It gives me this error "Error ocured while executing the software package clean command"

What could be the problem?

3 Replies 3

JL421-Retired
Level 1
Level 1

Worst case you could always try to run it on the device yourself and see what the response is. I know there's a bug (I don't have the number off the top of my head) that the device can get kind of borked and stop responding to software management requests until a reload. I know it isn't helpful that I don't remember the error, but it will be something along the lines of "not enough shell instances" when you run a install remove inactive.

Hello

I tried it and It works the install remove inactive in the switch, but dnac always consider this step in his checklist and get stuck in that point.

I think the bug @JL421-Retired is referring to is

CSCvp81958
IOS-XE device hitting "No connections to Shell Manager available for processing the command"

If that doesn't look like a good match to you, then I suggest opening a TAC case to let them troubleshoot further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: