Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC/SD-ACCESS Support for SolarWinds IPAM

Runner888
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are plans for DNAC/SDA to support Solarwinds IPAM? Today only Infoblox and Bluecoat are supported.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
As of now Infoblox and Bluecoat are supported.

View solution in original post

hello, i got the information within a tac case: "At this time, DNAC only supports integration with two specific IPAMs (Infoblox and Bluecats)."

br, thomas

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
As of now Infoblox and Bluecoat are supported.

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Apart from Infoblox and Bluecoat, DNAC also supports solarwinds IPAM now. If you want some more information how to integrate we can discuss more on Webex call.

Farhan

I would love some assitance with this! I have been trying and failing at it. We are looking to move most of our monitoring to DNA and have it setup as a proof of concept right now. But without being able to tie it into Solarwinds IPAM there is some functionality that I am unable to use. 

I'd like to setup this integration as well.  Does anyone have a doc on how to do this?  

Hello,

We also use Solarwinds IPAM and want to integrate with DNA. Please share details on integration.

Kind regards

Davor

Hello, we also want to do a integration of Solarwinds IPAM in DNA Center, is there a doc how-do available??

br, thomas

Integration using the 'generic' option is not as simple as selecting 'generic' and things will work. The 3rd Party IPAM needs to meet certain API requirements and I am not sure that Solarwinds IPAM meets these with their off the shelf versions (maybe in the latest versions). There probably would need to be some customization on Solarwinds side.

Here are some links that may help...

"Two third party integration modules are included in Cisco DNA Center, as shipped, one for IPAM Provider Infoblox and one for Bluecat . Other IPAM Providers may be configured for use with Cisco DNA Center by providing an IPAM Provider REST API service that meets the Cisco DNA Center IPAM Provider specification."

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/dna-center/

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/dna-center/#!ipam-api-introduction

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/dna-center/#!ipam-api-reference

IPAM Provider Integration Requirements

• Cisco IPAM Provider must provide the complete Cisco IPAM Provider REST API including error handling, as described by this guide.
  • Cisco DNA Center must be version 1.2.6 or later.

Any new updates on Solarwinds support? I can't find any resources online and our Cisco account manager seems to be struggling to find info too. I must say I am disappointed in DNA, what the marketing documentation says and what is truly possible out of the box without external components are two different stories. For the price of the DNAC I would have expected more.

hello, i got the information within a tac case: "At this time, DNAC only supports integration with two specific IPAMs (Infoblox and Bluecats)."

br, thomas

I would like to see some info with integrating solarwinds IPAM with DNA please...

Hello Farhan, can you please provide a doc or link how to integrate IPAM Adressmanager within DNA Center.

thx in advance, br, Thomas

Is there no public documentation on this?  SolarWinds IPAM is a major player in the space, and if You/Cisco can provide instructions on getting it to work that would be great to see.  So far my searches only return results that it won't work.  This seems to be the only one I can find that says it will work, but there are no details.

mkueffer
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, Can we get this integration published here?  It would be nice to have this available.

donkee
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to take part of this integration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: