Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC support for RMA LAN Automation C9400 & C9600

seemab4ever
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We have a huge deployment of C9400s and C9600s as FEs and BNs, I would like to confirm if the support for Zero Touch or One Touch RMA is available for C9400 AND C9600 LAN Automated devices available in DNAC release 2.2.3.4. 

When i look at the release notes of 2.2.3.4 this is what i can see:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_2_3.html

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 10.44.22 AM.png

Please confirm if chassis based platforms are covered if not any guidance which DNAC release will it be supported? As this is impacting our new deployment timelines and operations also.

Regards,

/Seemab

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Sylvain’s response, if you need RMA for unsupported device then please open Cisco TAC service request. TAC should be able to guide you and help replace the device with proper procedure. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

First of all, I think you misunderstood the idea of this forum. People should come here to ask politely for some help. Everyone here is supposed to be cisco users but no one here actually is paid  for answering. This is a Cisco forum made by the community who use Cisco. We share knowledge. 

If you need urgency, buy a Cisco contract and get them on the lile whenever you need.

About your question, I suggest you to look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILTxmRtLVY 

To my knowledge a forum is to share knowledge and ask questions which are relevant to the technology. I am not sure which part of my question is not asked in a polite way.

Secondly the link you shared is for Cat9300 for which i am well aware have tested it, deployed it and used feature.

My question is RMA procedure for LAN Automated Chassis based 9400 and 9600 platform.

Thanks!

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @seemab4ever 

Here is the guide for your specific release: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_3/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_2_chapter_011.html#id_115372 .

And as stated, chassis-based switches are not supported with the RMA workflow.

• RMA supports replacement of all switches, routers, and Cisco SD-Access devices, except for the following:

• Classic and Policy-extended nodes.

• Devices with embedded wireless controllers

• Wireless Controllers (WLC)

• Chassis-based switches, including the Catalyst 9400, Catalyst 9600, Catalyst 4500e, Catalyst 6500, Catalyst 6800, and Nexus 7700 Series Switches

• Switch stacks (hardware stacking)

• Devices with single and dual supervisor engines

• [...]

Regards,

Sylvain.

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to Sylvain’s response, if you need RMA for unsupported device then please open Cisco TAC service request. TAC should be able to guide you and help replace the device with proper procedure. 

Thanks @Parthiv Shah @Sylvain_Che 

Appreciate your Help!

Regards,

/Seemab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco