cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC v1.2.6 join cluster fails when re-running startup wizard

jeremy.pyne
Level 1
Level 1

v1.2.6 DNA Center built as Primary Node.  Once build completed re-started wizard using "sudo maglev-config update" on the CLI.

Using the back option went back to first screen where you have option to start a new Cluster or join Cluster.

This time chose to join cluster.  Completed Wizard that said it was successfully joining the new primary / maglev-master, BUT the node comes back up as its own cluster.

If I perform a re-image of the box and choose to join the cluster it works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That got me half way there.....

"sudo maglev-config wizard" does indeed jump to the wizard start screen.

However when doing this on a node that has already been built as a Cluster-master and selecting "join a cluster", it allows you to complete the relevant wizard but ultimately fails to join the cluster and reports an error. 

A reload brings up the the USB re-image selection choice.  .i.e maglev installer - DNA Appliance build etc.

At this point if I choose maglev installer I do get taken to the start up wizard again without a full re-image, and the previous configuration has been wiped.

Re-enter the wizard configuration and join the cluster.  Job done.

I know you will probably never need to move a stand alone appliance from operational to join another cluster in reality, but it is useful to do in a lab environment without a full re-image.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When running install:

1st Node = Primary Node = Start a Cluster

2nd Node = Additional Node = Join a Cluster

3rd Node = Additional Node = Join a Cluster

If there is only a single node, Start a Cluster should be used.

In regards to "sudo maglev-config update" issue, I tested in my lab and it does not go back to start screen.  I will have to run steps after an initial install but you should not go back prior to Step 4.

if you run "sudo maglev-config wizard" not update then you will experience the screens that you mention.

Regards

T. 

That got me half way there.....

"sudo maglev-config wizard" does indeed jump to the wizard start screen.

However when doing this on a node that has already been built as a Cluster-master and selecting "join a cluster", it allows you to complete the relevant wizard but ultimately fails to join the cluster and reports an error. 

A reload brings up the the USB re-image selection choice.  .i.e maglev installer - DNA Appliance build etc.

At this point if I choose maglev installer I do get taken to the start up wizard again without a full re-image, and the previous configuration has been wiped.

Re-enter the wizard configuration and join the cluster.  Job done.

I know you will probably never need to move a stand alone appliance from operational to join another cluster in reality, but it is useful to do in a lab environment without a full re-image.