Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC1 Essentials or DNAC1 Advantage

My Cisco partner sent me a quote of DNAC1 Essentials and DNAC1 Advantage Term for a Catalyst 4500E 10 slot. I only have one Catalyst 4500E but has two supervisors.

-This two supervisors is the reason why they are sending me a quote for DNAC1 Essentials and DNAC1 Advantage?

-How can I verify if my current device is using the two license or if it is only using one?

-Is it going to work with only one?

Thank you for anyone that can help me with this.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What is the model of the supervisor card?
Are you planning to use DNA Centre?

Supervisor card: Sup 8-E 10GE

Yes, I plan to use it.

Ok, Sup8E.
And what firmware are you planning to use?
Essentials (base license) and Advantage (advanced license) only kicks in on 3.10.X (and later). If you're not using this version then there is no advantage in getting the DNA License.

Go HERE:  DNAC Compatibility Matrix Tool.  This tool tells me DNA support starts with 3.6.5E.

I have 3.8.XE.

Currently, the DNAC1 Essentials is installed, but I want to verify if the Advantage is also installed.

You can't verify because you're running 3.8.X. The licensing regime for 3.9.X (and earlier) is the "honor system" (aka RTU).
Upgrade to 3.10.X (or later) and enable Cisco Smart Licensing. Make sure the Cisco Smart Account has the DNAC Advantage included.
Otherwise, I strongly recommend you consult your local Cisco AM/SE (and not the distributor) for better information.

I am going to consult my local Cisco AM/SE. Thank you so much for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: