Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoints ip address in DNA center

taytibob
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to DNA Center and i have the following questions:

I understand that DNA center is used to automate the configuration of switches in the CAMPUS (core,distribution and access).

I assume that it pushes a generic configuration to all the switches based on policies and design defined in DNA center.

However what is still not clear for me is what happens at the edge.

In the traditional networks you configure access ports on the edge in different vlans and then you assign the corresponding ip addresses to the endpoints either statically or via DHCP.

This meant you have to go on every access switch and effectively configure the access port in the intended vlan.

What is happening now with DNA center ?

Specifically can we still assign static ip addresses to endpoints or should we fully move to DHCP ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi

You can still apply static IP address to client devices. That will require to configure static configuration for the port in dnac host onboarding and it will require to track which port needs to configure statically.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi

You can still apply static IP address to client devices. That will require to configure static configuration for the port in dnac host onboarding and it will require to track which port needs to configure statically.

Thanks

what about vlan assignment to each port ?

There's no configurable concept of VLANs, this is the magic of DNA :)
Once you set-up Host Onbording, you will see the relevant SVI's on your Edge devices.

Very nice effectively.
Then what about the broadcast domain on the same access switch?
(between access switches i understand it is only layer 3 so it's fine)

Broadcasts are no longer an issue. The only thing you Broadcast at the Edge is your AnyCast Gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: