cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below for Cisco DNA Center Resources to help you on your journey with Cisco DNA Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Equipement Required for branch offices and Central Office

Hello Folks

I'm new in this field, and I do not know if this is the right place for my concern, I hope you can help me.

I'm working on a project in the design of the network infrastructure of several branches and the central one, I have found a lot of information and recommendations but I still have not decided.

Basically I am looking for equipment that guarantees the connectivity and security of my network.

I was thinking of a router to connect to my Internet provider and establish the connection to and from my branches.

To protect the network, I was thinking of a Firepower Threat Defense type firewall with a URL-Filter license since we need to restrict access to certain pages per user account.

They recommend Cisco Router ISR (Not what license you should have) and Cisco Fierwall Firepower Threat Defense I wanted to know if I am on the right track or if you have any suggestions.

I really hope you can help me. Thank you very much and waiting for your comments

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Equipement Required for branch offices and Central Office

Hi there,

Firstly you need to provide us with some more info. What is the type of network you are intending to design, how many users at each remote node, competency of the remote admins, kind or connectivity on WAN interfaces and so on.

Basically you are asking all the wrong questions to start with. 

I understand you are a new to the field but if you are looking at Cisco gear you must know exactly what you want as you'll either go massively over budget or the equipment you choose will fail to perform.

Help us so we can help you.

VBR

Martin

Highlighted
Contributor

Where are you physically located ?

-Rate helpful posts-
Highlighted
Beginner

Hampshire, England

Highlighted
Contributor

OK, Since you are new to this, i was in your shoes I would look at Meraki line of products.

you can get MX Firewalls for internet facing connections, model will depend on bandwidth and endpoints.

Aggregation switch for central sites, model will depends on bandwidth between sites and number of branches.

L3 switches or L2 switches for branch connect directly to aggregation if you have fiber connections or with smaller MX firewall for VPN or SDWAN connection back to central site.

this is very high level off course, but check it out.

https://meraki.cisco.com

if you get in touch with Meraki, they might even help setup a demo gear for you, setup a dashboard.

-Rate helpful posts-
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad