cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Extended Node - IE4010 - Cannot push "ipv6 access-list IPV6_PRE_AUTH_ACL"

anthony.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere. Has anyone had an issue provisioning an IE 4010 Fabric Extended Node? It's failing on pushing the following CLI "ipv6 access-list IPV6_PRE_AUTH_ACL " (ISE Config) to the device, which makes sense because I cannot enter that syntax manually either. IPv6 is not a requirement by the way...

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.21.49 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I got it. I had to enter the following lines to enable IPv6 dual stack on the switch. They key is that you have to do this (AND RELOAD) after PNP processes but before provisioning obviously. I hope that this helps someone else!

SDA-S1-IOT(config)#sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 default
Changes to the running SDM preferences have been stored, but cannot take effect
until the next reload.
Use 'show sdm prefer' to see what SDM preference is currently active.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

Extended nodes act as L2 extensions. Given that I'd assume the ACL would be on the upstream device and not the Ext Node. Since you also cannot enter it via CLI that tells me your sw version doesn't support it as well. Does the upstream device have that ipv6 ACL on it?

HTH,

Chuck McFadden

Yes sir, the upstream device has that canned ISE IPV6 Pre-Auth ACL on it.

The canned ACL is trying to be applied during the provisioning process for that extended node, and not as part of any defined template that I created. I'm just trying to see if I can disable IPv6 anywhere but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ok, I got it. I had to enter the following lines to enable IPv6 dual stack on the switch. They key is that you have to do this (AND RELOAD) after PNP processes but before provisioning obviously. I hope that this helps someone else!

SDA-S1-IOT(config)#sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 default
Changes to the running SDM preferences have been stored, but cannot take effect
until the next reload.
Use 'show sdm prefer' to see what SDM preference is currently active.