Views
Helpful
Replies

Get information about many devices - DNA Center

willytech007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

Someone knows how Can I get information about many switches devices from DNA Center?

Dna Center version = 2.2.3.5

For example I want to execute and get "show cdp neighbors" or "show ip route" and the output in txt o the same console GUI to export.

Thanks for the suggestion

4 Replies 4

Hi

Command runner is easier but incomplete. For example, show cdp  is not an option:

show_cdp.JPG

API is probably a better option but never tested  for this porpuse and for different porpuse I had some problems like information missing. I had some TACs about it.

Conclusion, despite DNAC has potential, it is a incomplete tool. A lot yet to build.  Probably coming version will be lot better.

@Flavio Miranda "show cdp" (and any other show command) will still work even if it's not in that search list.  In fact, once you add it manually, it will start to show up in the search field shown in your example.

So this might be suitable for @willytech007 as there is a convenient export option from command runner, but if the commands need to be run routinely and the list of devices is sizeable, I think API is the way to go.  (You can use the /network-device-poller/cli/read-request to programmatically execute command runner).  That way you don't have to manually enter the list of devices each time.

willytech007
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for you advice, I'm testing that options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: