Views
Helpful
Replies

Host onboarding port Configuration API

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Is there any API or easy way to do the host onboarding, specially for switch port configuration. We have a situation in which we have to do manual port assignment for 100+ switches. the port configuration is not exactly same but almost. Appreciate your help on the best way to achieve the same, whether thru profile or API or something else. 

We also have another issue for backing up the port configuration in bulk. This is required while doing the RMA as Cisco doesn't retain port static configuration for RMA replacement, their option is to move to dynamic port assignment or backup and restore the configuration, and i am yet to find the method to bulk port configuration backup. 

Thanks in advance.  

1 Reply 1

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there any API or easy way to do the host onboarding, specially for switch port configuration. 

-What version of DNAC are you running? I think the API you are seeking is the 'Add Port assignment for user device in SDA Fabric'.  Not sure if you have seen this, but take a peek here: Overview - Cisco DNA Center Platform - Document - Cisco DevNet

We have a situation in which we have to do manual port assignment

-Can you elaborate on this? I don't see why the API shared above could not accomplish this.  Just tweak the payload to meet the desire.  

HTH!