Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of DNA Center

Tala_Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello  

I have a network in prodcution like it mensionned in this picture. 

The customer wants to renovate the current infrastructure by changing all the hardware. For this reason we had think about deploying DNA Center and make automation. The problem is that i do not have any port with 10 G. 

As a solution, i intend to buy a new Switch ( with 10 G Uplink) and use it as access Switch to the current infrastructure, The DNA's ports will be used as follow : 

* Cloud Port (Yellow Cable) : will be used to access cloud and make updates. 

* GUI Port (RED CABLE ) : will be used to manage the appliance and synchronise with DATA center ( NTP/DNS)

* CIMC Port ( Black Cable ) : will be used as OOB management interface.

* Entreprise ( Blue Cable) : Will linked to the 1st new Switch ( Cisco CAT 9400), to start automation. 

Does my diagram make sense ! Can we do that  ? Otherwise, If you have an idea on how to do this, i will be gratful. 

Sorry for my bad english! 

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

MadL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Looks good to me. But think about how you want to set the routing table on DNAC. You only have 1 routing table for the ports (except CIMC). So you would probably want a default route for your Cloud port but then the question is how you are routing traffic from the DNAC outbound for the Enterprise and GUI port.

You could for example do static routes like this:

Cloud Port -> default rote 0.0.0.0/0
GUI Port -> Mgmt Network 10.10.10.0/24

Enterprise Port -> Summary 10.0.0.0/8

Also keep in mind that you need everything set-up and reachable during installation. I.e. all gateways/net-hops must be pingable, DNS and NTP must work and all ports have to be up and running.

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a great call out from MadL.  The wiring looks ok to me too, but I wanted to post this link to make sure you and others are referring to the appropriate install guides for your DNA-C hardware and software:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/products-installation-guides-list.html

The "Plan the Deployment" section has the reference to which port is which (Cluster, Enterprise, Cloud, or Management Port). 

Tala_Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks  for your return. 

The problem is that my current infrastraucture is so comlicated : 

no 10 G fiber port,

No Cisco équipement. 

All Services block in same subnets ( L2).

We want to renovate the whole infrastracture using Cisco devices with DNAC automation (Not SDA, only for automated configuration). Now i try to design some scenarios on how to integrate DNAC and start automation of the new infrastracture.  

In this Scenario, the new automated Switch-Core (Cisco Cat 9400) will replace the current Switch-Core (HP 2920), integrate it in this current infrastracture and continue automation. 

I hope that i well exposed my conerns. 

Sorry for my bad English.