Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Infoblox in DNA Center

Johannes_Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

we are currently building a small SD-Access Fabric. Afterwards we tried to integrate an infoblox as IP address manager. When I try to apply the configuration under System Settings -> Settings -> IP Address Manager I get the failure code

"IPAM Server Creation Failed.
Reason: NCIP10138: Cannot configure external IPAM as pools are configured in DNAC. Please delete all pools from DNAC before configuring external IPAM."

Does this mean that I have to delete all IP pools in the fabric to integrate the Infoblox? That would mean that every time I refresh the Infoblox hardware, I have to reset the Campus Fabric?

Some facts:

DNAC Version Version 1.3.1.0

Infoblox Version Version: 8.5.1-397728

Best regards,

Johannes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Johannes_Grimm 

Just for info - I have been following this limitation as well and it appears that DNAC 2.1.2.0 introduced the capability of syncing existing IP address pools with an IPAM. Release notes below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_1_2.html

"Cisco DNA Center now supports the synchronization of existing IP address pools with a third-party IPAM server. Also, Cisco DNA Center supports reading an existing IPAM server and lets you change the username or password with respect to the external IPAM server"

Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Johannes_Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Information from TAC:

In DNAC 1.3.x IPAM integration supports Greenfield DNAC deployments only i.e. it expects no ippools created in DNAC prior to integration. This is going to be changed in one of the future releases of DNAC 2.x, but at the moment not yet available.

Hi @Johannes_Grimm 

Just for info - I have been following this limitation as well and it appears that DNAC 2.1.2.0 introduced the capability of syncing existing IP address pools with an IPAM. Release notes below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_1_2.html

"Cisco DNA Center now supports the synchronization of existing IP address pools with a third-party IPAM server. Also, Cisco DNA Center supports reading an existing IPAM server and lets you change the username or password with respect to the external IPAM server"

Will