cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Border lisp lookup

mhaleem1985
Level 1
Level 1

I have question about internal border as i know it acts like fabric edge so it just cache at lisp database the destination ip at fabric so there is no lisp database entries on it  ans assume the cache also is empty from the fabric users subnets so when traffic comes from outside fabric and hit at border how can border punt the traffic to lisp and do lisp lookup and border itself didnt store the internal ip of users at lisp database to do this lookup at lisp first and how can border know about internal user ips via lisp

4 Replies 4

Thanks OMZ but i already watched this video all what i need to know when traffic come from datacenter for example and hits the border then what make border do first lisp lookup then if there is no entry i think it will check RIB table as all the information of fabric site ip pools and EID should be at lisp database or cached by border like edge switch and how border know about its internal fabric EID especially if the CP node is separated of border node as at this case CP node will send internal EIDs via ibgp session to border but this routes will be at RIB table not lisp database so how border know its internal EIDs to do lisp lookup when traffic come from outside fabric like from WAN

How does the map-cache ever get populated on an edge node? The LISP config tells the node to ask the map-server for anything it doesn't already have directly connected.

Now on your internal border, it narrows the scope to only fabric networks. In your router lisp configuration under your instance ID, the dynamic-eid lookup is created for each subnet, in each instance/vrf. That section includes a database-mapping reference for the subnet that points to your default locator set, which includes the site control plane nodes.

router lisp
  instance-id 4099
  dynamic-eid X_X_X_X-$VNName-IPV4/6
   database-mapping X.X.X.X/X locator-set rloc_$rloc-Id

Thanks JL421 but this configuration you will find it only at the edge node only not the border so border will not know via lisp any internal EID until there is traffic from outside fabric hits at the border then border query the control plane node about the EID then border will cache this EID at lisp so i think this is the only way that border know about its internal fabric EIDs.