cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Warning Alerts Post upgrade (1.3.3.9 to 2.1.2.7)?

mattw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Yesterday we upgraded a DNAC cluster from 1.3.3.9 to 2.1.2.7.

We now have some warning alerts in the main inventory and the fabric infrastructure view.

The main inventory message says:

=====================================
Two (2) Warning Alerts
We detected IOS-XE device(s) in your network where PKI certificate require auto renewal config update for Assurance Telemetry Connection to function continually. Apply Fix
----
We detected wireless device(s) in your network where access points need to be migrated to different site tag(s) for optimised roaming performance. Clients connected to impacted access points will experience a downtime. Show device(s) to Re-provision

I'm not too fussed about the first one as I guess it's just going to create a new certificate.
But the second message is slightly concerning. Anybody know what it's actually going to do and what the impact will be? I'm not a big fan of blindly clicking on "fix it" without knowing what it's going to do.

On the fabric screen it says:
The following post upgrade tasks require your attention; click Apply All to apply the changes:
  • This release brings in support for an updated flooding behavior for switches with IOS version 16.12.2 and later. To proceed, you may have to upgrade all the switches. Once the changes are incorporated, you won’t be able to add new devices which don’t meet the IOS version requirement. Do you want to incorporate the changes?
  • The fabric edge nodes do not need to reach each other using /32 in the underlay
  • Occasionally, when the Cisco ISE server becomes unreachable and then reachable again from the Fabric, authorized clients may not reauthenticate. To fix this issue, apply this fix on the authentication templates on all edge nodes and extended nodes that belong to the fabric.

Screenshots attached.
Anybody else seen this and got any advice?
Thanks!
Matt.
2 Replies 2

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @mattw ,

I'm facing the same message:

"Occasionally, when the Cisco ISE server becomes unreachable and then reachable again from the Fabric, authorized clients may not reauthenticate. To fix this issue, apply this fix on the authentication templates on all edge nodes and extended nodes that belong to the fabric."

Did you get any feedback from someone or applied the change by yourself? Do you know what it exactly does?

Best regards,

Sylvain.

Hi @Sylvain_Che,

I'm really sorry but no, I didn't get any answer to this. I think I just grew a pair and clicked the fix it link and hoped for the best! LOL!! Didn't seem to break anything

Good luck!

Matt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco