Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LISP - Clear Map Cache after AP Reboot

Hello Everyone,

We currently have a sd-access fabric deployed and I faced a problem with some access-point, that after reloading we lost ip reachability to it.

In the boarder router I had to clear the lisp map-cache for the ip of the access-point and the communication worked again.

Does anyone had a problem like this ? I would like to understand better what happens and why.

Here`s what I did:

show lisp eid-table default ipv4 map-cache
LISP IPv4 Mapping Cache for EID-table default (IID 4097), 107 entries

10.253.0.24/32, uptime: 00:08:50, expires: never, via site-registration, send-map-request
  Encapsulating to proxy ETR 
S-MTRL1-CDBR-SW01#clear lisp eid-table default ipv4 map-cache 10.253.0.24/32

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was often an issue seen in SDA deployments from 1.2.10 and before, make sure that your External (or Anywhere) Borders are not configured to point to each other as use-petr.

Example, on the borders, do "show run | se router lisp" and remove the "use-petr x.x.x.x" from the "service ipv4" subconfiguration,  no use-petr should be configured in External borders.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo94783/?rfs=iqvred

DNAC Will not configure these again, remove the command, clear the map-caches and this should not happen again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was often an issue seen in SDA deployments from 1.2.10 and before, make sure that your External (or Anywhere) Borders are not configured to point to each other as use-petr.

Example, on the borders, do "show run | se router lisp" and remove the "use-petr x.x.x.x" from the "service ipv4" subconfiguration,  no use-petr should be configured in External borders.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo94783/?rfs=iqvred

DNAC Will not configure these again, remove the command, clear the map-caches and this should not happen again.