Announcements

Ask the Expert- SD-WAN

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Move / Relocate device

Is it possible to move assigned devices to another building/floor/site, or do they have to be deleted from inventory and rediscovered? When I try to assign a site to a device that is already assigned, the location is grayed out and cannot be modified.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Move / Relocate device

I don't think it can be done without removing in order .. remove host on-boarding config, remove from Fabric, unprovision (delete from provision device list). What are you trying to accomplish eventually, there might be easier way

-Rate helpful posts-
4 REPLIES 4
Enthusiast

You should not have to completely remove the device from your inventory.  Prior to attempting to move it from one site to another ensure that you have removed it from your original fabric.  You should then be able to assign it elsewhere.  HTH!

Beginner

I currently have a switch that is in the inventory and assigned to a location, but is not added to the fabric. I am unable to relocate this switch using Actions>Assign Device to site

Contributor

you will have to delete and add again manually or through discovery.

-Rate helpful posts-
Contributor

I don't think it can be done without removing in order .. remove host on-boarding config, remove from Fabric, unprovision (delete from provision device list). What are you trying to accomplish eventually, there might be easier way

-Rate helpful posts-
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards