Views
Helpful
Replies

Onboarding Existing SDA into DNAC

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to bring and existing SDA into a DNAC?

We’ve got a customer that has a DNAC/SDA and has bought another company with a separate DNAC/SDA and they want to integrate the NewCo SDA into the existing DNAC. 

Best, Leigh

7 Replies 7

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, though that’s not quite what I’m after. 

I need to import an existing SDA into a different DNAC. I.e., migrate the management of an SDA from one DNAC to another.  Possible?

Best, Leigh

Hi

If by "bring" you mean "import" I don´t think so. It is possible to have differents domains fabric inside DNAC but you need to build them within a DNAC Cluster.

In your scenario, depending on the size of the company, this could be a huge problem cause think about taking one company down and re-build it again inside a new DNAC just to have multi-domain in DNAC. Wondering if worth it.

Yep, import is what I’m after. 

I can only think of a take down/rebuild to bring it in, I’m hoping there’s a better solution

not seen or never come across this (but good feature for cisco BU)

May be with minimal down time, remove from OLD DNAC and joing the network to new DNAC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This is a good question to bring Cisco to the table. And would be a great feature they could work on.

For now, I´d take a look on the feature "Use a CSV File to Import and Export Device Configurations"

This could, at least, speed up the process. But there will be down time.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_1_2/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_1_1_chapter_011.html#id_56709 

Parthiv Shah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have not received such request in past but depending upon the situation, you can use Multi-DNAC to single ISE type of environment where you can still use both DNAC to manage your separate SDA fabric site but your policy etc can be same across both sites. This depends upon whether you can continue with 2 DNAC cluster and manage it.