Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PnP Discovery stopped (Config Wizard) 9300L Cisco switch

Hi all,

I have a problem regarding Cisco 9300L switch. When trying to install the switch using the DNA center. Be aware; the switch has been installed before - could that be a problem? This is the message i get: PnP Discovery stopped (config text)

I Think i need to clear the switch complelty but i do not know how. 

I hope someone Can help me figure out that the problem is. 

12 Replies 12

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the LAN-Automation Guide  might help you (will work also for PnP): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215336-lan-automation-step-by-step-deployment.html

Please see Topic "7. PNP-agent initial state"

Also make sure DNA Center does not list the device within the Inventory (Provision > Inventory) or Plug and Play (Provision > Plug and Play). 

Do you use Lan-Automation? Had it sometimes that the Evaluation License is expired which also have impact.

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

Hi Benjamin,

I tried to run the commands.. But still the same problem 

Atul Patil
Level 1
Level 1

You can use command showing in attached image to clear the switch.

Hello,

did not work - still the same problem...

Hi,

Please Follow the attached document.

Here you go. Run this. Some commands may error out. But this will completely wipe your switch to a factory default state. I run this all the time when testing. 

conf t
crypto key zeroize
y
no crypto pki cert pool
y
no crypto pki certificate pool
y
no crypto pki trustpoint pnplabel
y
no pnp profile pnp-zero-touch
end
delete /force vlan.dat\r
delete /force nvram:*.cer\r
delete /force flash:pnp*\r
delete /force nvram:pnp*\r
wr erase
y
reload
y

@usaf_27 There is a much simpler way of resetting a device for pnp testing now (I think starting in 16.12).  Use the "pnpa service reset" command from exec mode.

My C9300-48P with 17.03.03 didnt recognize that command.
@00us9ygj1WbEEwD7K5d6Are you connected to the device via console? I made the mistake of interrupting the Wizard after reboot because I wanted to follow the syslog messages of PnP live on the device. Every time i did it, it disrupted the PnP process, and i wouldnt know why it didnt work... So just let it do its thing for some minutes, then you can attach your console cable.

@Skywal That is the right command, available in 16.12 and later. (see https://thisbridgeistheroot.com/blog/troubleshooting-dna-center-plug-and-play)   You tried from exec mode?

It's ok to watch the entire process via console as long as you don't touch the keyboard.  When you do, PnP finds out that a human is present and stops itself.  The act of plugging in a console cable may also have the same effect, so make sure the console is already attached before you reload/factor reset the box.

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the boot process since "initializing hardware" to the very end where PnP process stops?

pnpa service reset should be fine from exec mode after 16.12.

Also, can you make sure this switch has no variable set for password recovery? you can do a "show romvar" from the switch exec mode to look, or do a "set" with the switch booting in rommon.

PNP is working for me for Cisco 9300 when using the IOS-XE 16.3.3. Not tested with the 17.x version.

manny.gil
Level 1
Level 1

no system ignore startupconfig
wr mem
reload <YES>
pnpa service reset <YES>

Disconnect from Console and after 5 minutes switch will be visible in DNAC under Plug and Play  --> Unclaimed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: