Views
Helpful
Replies

PNP for 9800 WLC using Service port

ANKUSH_SINGLA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having C9800-L-C-K9 and trying to provision using pnp in DNAC center. 

WLC SERVICE PORT is connected to access layer switch via trunk. WLC got IP using DHCP and joined DNAC but when i try to claim device in PnP its not showing Interface to select.

can someone confirm if there is anything i am missing ,or its not supported to claim device using Service port.

i have attached DNAC snip where port is not showing and config on service port at WLC side.

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per I know WLC controller should be in shared Service

when you mentioned Access Layer ( Fabric Edge Access Switch ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ANKUSH_SINGLA
Level 1
Level 1

HI Balaji,

Access layer is L2 level switch. we have setup like <Router >>Core Switch (L3)>>Access layer (L2 switch) >>WLC (9800)

when you say shared service does this mean that DNAC should see that SP while claiming device ??

<Router >>Core Switch (L3)>>Access layer (L2 switch) >>WLC (9800)

is this Sd-Access Fabric ? or a traditional non-fabric network.

BB

its non-fabric network

As suggest required TAC involvement.

BB

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to the Cisco DNA Compatibility Matrix, PnP of 9800 WLC's is not yet supported

https://content.cisco.com/compatibilitymatrix.html

Good news, I think the matrix is just out of date.  I'll follow up on getting that updated. I have some inside intel that this is supported as of IOS-XE 17.3 and Cisco DNA 2.1.2

If you are using those minimum versions and still not seeing any interfaces in the dropdown list, please make sure you have the correct cli and snmp (read and write) credentials applied to the site.  If you need more help, I recommend a TAC case.

ANKUSH_SINGLA
Level 1
Level 1

Sure Preston, Balaji, i will raise TAC Case, WLC is right now running on 17.3.2a and DNAC version is 2.1.2.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: