Views
Helpful
Replies

PnP issues with C9300-24U?

phil-
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've done some searching on the web but can't seem to find any info on the problem that I'm having.

I've got a bunch of C9300-24Us that I'm trying to provision with Plug and Play. PnP discovery works fine and I am able to see them in an 'unclaimed' status on the PnP dashboard.

On my lab device (1.3.0.4), after claiming the device, and assigning it to a site, the configuration tab is showing that it doesn't have an assigned golden image and there are no applicable onboarding templates for this network profile and device. Above the image selection it is showing a warning that DNAC "Failed to retrieve device-specific product information. Below are all golden images for the site".

If I unplug one of the 24Us and replace it with a 48U, using the same network profile and site, it pulls the correct golden image and provides the applicable template just fine. 

Is anyone else having issues like this with the 9300-24U and Plug and Play?

6 Replies 6

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were some issues with 9200's fixed last year where 9200 was sending the the wrong format for product ID to DNAC.  I wonder if they impact 9300 as well. I have some work to do to make these bugs external, so I can share them here, but I also want to make sure your problem is resolved.  Can you share which IOS-XE versions are running on your 9300-24's and 9300-48s?

Hi Preston,

I have tried 16.9.2 and 16.9.4 (golden image) on both the 24's and 48's. Neither version made a difference for the 24 port switches.

Thanks for looking into this!

I'd like to see some info from rommon on a non-working device.  Please follow these steps:

1) In IOS config mode configure "boot manual"

2) write mem, reload

3) when switch boots back to "switch:" prompt type "set".  hit enter

4) please copy and respond here with any lines that include "MODEL_NUM" or "CFG_MODEL_NUM" (there might one or both)

5) type "boot" to boot back IOS-XE

6) unconfigure "boot manual" and save config so that auto boot is enabled again.

Hey Preston,

The only one that was there was MODEL_NUM=C9300-24U.

Thanks for checking.  This doesn't appear to be at all related to the 9200 issues I ran across.  So, please open a TAC case so it can be investigated further.

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to upgrade DNAC? If so I'd suggest going to 1.3.1.3 or later. I know there were some strange issues with the 1.3.0.x versions. Since this is a lab it may be easy to upgrade DNAC and see if the issue persists.

Hope this is helpful,

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: