Views
Helpful
Replies

SD Access ZTP & PnP - Windows Server 2019 DHCP Option 43

msiddique
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring DNAC ZTP & PnP for a POC lab which has Windows 2019 Server as DHCP server. How we will configure below mentioned option 43 string in Windows Server 2019?

option 43 ascii "5A1N;B2;K5;I10.0.0.255;J443;Z10.0.0.255" <-- Working Option 43 string on linux server

Thanks,

msiddique

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Copy the string "5A1N;B2;K5;I10.0.0.255;J443;Z10.0.0.255" into an ascii-> hex conversion tool (there are free websites many available online).  Then use the resulting hex as an input to the option 43 field in windows.  There is a "details" window where it shows you both the hex and ascii for the value you input.  If the ascii there looks like the original string, then you probably have it right.

If there is a way to input ascii directly, it would be great if someone else can chime in to educate us. (or if Microsoft can add one to save us the hassle of converting to hex in the future).  None of the documentation I found suggest that direct ascii method exists yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: