cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stacked cat9k switch role in sd-access

manirul
Level 1
Level 1

If we have stacked two or more cat9k and connect them is SD-Access fabric, then what will be the role of that Cat9K. Will it be displayed as a single node or multiple node?

5 Replies 5

Mohammad Roos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Islam, 

The Role will be up to your design and configuration, you can add to fabric as border if it supports this Role, 
and a stack will be single node, since it is a single logical node. with single control Plane. 

Have you encountered any physical installation scenario?

I have started digging the DNA solution. Seems fuzzy to me.

I need some clarification from technical point of view.

Like border node to non-fabric communication. https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?search=sd-access#/session/1485199017826001gRxy

this link helped me although. but still there's some other query.

Hi Islam, 

I am working on a project at the moment, it is in design phase. 

the link you have shared is indeed helpful. 

please share your concern. lets can discuss it. 

Hi,

Same situation here. I am in the design phase also. My concern is with routing part in Border node. BGP/OSPF/EIGRP will run on Fabric to Non-Fabric communication for underlay network. But what about the overlay? For Border to communicate with a Non-Fabric part, does the solution need any specific device which should have the capability/feature that must have in non-fabric zone?

Hi Islam, 
Routing from Fabric to none-Fabric, will be always handled by the Border or default Border router, 
which should be one of the supported platforms which listed in table 1 in the CVD
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/CVD-Software-Defined-Access-Design-Guide-2017DEC.pdf

to simplify the idea of routing, we need to remember : 
1- the underlay routing is to build the fabric,  once it is built, we have to think of the overlay.
2- overlay L3, is mainly handled by LISP, 
3- if we have  a traffic distened outside the fabric, the routing protocol of the border router ( only this router) will be advertising the end points subnets, and will have routes to outside destinations. 

* so you only need to have a border router and it is a must ( you need to select one of the supported models depending on your requirement and sizing)