cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for SFP-10G-T SFP's on DN2-HW-APL (2nd Gen Appliance)

DLGNOC
Level 1
Level 1

Evening, i respect that in the installation guide, this SFP+ module isnt listed as being compatible with any DNA-C appliance, 1st or 2nd Gen, but has anyone tried to use it and can confirm if it works?

We have a situation whereby there aren't any SFP slots avaliable on the switch(s) in our MER where the DNA-C appliances will reside, but do have 10Gbe copper ports free, which leaves no option but to use this type of module for the enterprise and cluster ports.

Regards

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This good question, when you move from brownfield you do see this issue (cisco is not able to overcome this imagination of customer requirement sometimes) - they always focus on their own latest hardware compatibility and insist to move to the latest models. (this will lead to some customers who do not have the budget, and may stay back).

coming back to your question, not that any of the users in the forum tested nor I come across, but try 10G Copper SFP, technically should work.(fs.com 10GB copper ports works) - you also bare in mind Some time cisco TAC do not support 3rd party SFP when you have any issue.

another option i can think of was any Cat 9300 / Cat 3850 switch with an uplink module can be used between OLD switch Coper to SFP (not a greate solution, but consider other option)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help