Helpful
Replies

Switch port configuration where DNAC (DN2-HW-APL-L) is connected

Pranav Mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Target - 

I will be creating cluster of 3 DN2-HW-APL-L -> 56 core boxes.

Question - Switch port to which  Enterprise and Cluster port of DNAC will be connected should be trunk or access?

I came across below line in - 

Cisco DNA Center Second Generation Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.3

"The switch port on Cisco DNA Center second generation appliances must be set to access mode in order to function properly. Trunk mode is not supported, as it is on first generation appliances

"

But above note is it applicable to all ports or only for Switch port to which CIMC port will be connected.

Regards,

Pranav

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Pranav Mhatre 

Hopefully, you are doing well!

configure the Switch port as an access port with normal configurations.

You can visit this link below, I have written about the implementation steps for Cisco Digital Network Architecture including the switch port configuration.

Please rate Helpful If this will help you.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-dnac-deployment-from-zero/ta-p/3949407

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pranav,

for all ports (Enterprise, Cluster, Management [optional], Cloud[optional] and CIMC[optional-but highly recommended]). 

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for reply. There was known issue in 1st generation that if we do not configure enterprise port as trunk then we may lose GUI access of DNAC box.

Have you experienced this issue in your setup for 2nd generation box with access port ?

Regards,

Pranav 

Hi Pranav,

I personaly have not faced this issue on our customers installations while using 2nd generation box. But may someone else in this community faced this issue? May you have a look at the cisco bug search tool :)

Regards

Benjamin

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

I did not come across any known bugs for 2nd generation related to this issue. However as this is new box sometimes bugs are reported late.

Thank you for your expertise.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

-hope this helps-

Hello,

Thank you for reply.

If I am correct snap which you attached is of 1st generation DNAC box. Because in 2nd generation box we do not have to do VLAN config in DNAC box.

I came across below note in installation guide -

Unlike the previous generation of Cisco DNA Center appliances, second generation appliances do not use a virtual interface card (VIC). You do not need to configure the network interface card (NIC) that comes installed on your second generation appliance to support high throughput in Cisco IMC, as this is already enabled by default

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3/install_guide/M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_M5/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_1_3_M5_chapter_0110.html

Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Pranav Mhatre 

Hopefully, you are doing well!

configure the Switch port as an access port with normal configurations.

You can visit this link below, I have written about the implementation steps for Cisco Digital Network Architecture including the switch port configuration.

Please rate Helpful If this will help you.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/cisco-dnac-deployment-from-zero/ta-p/3949407

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your response.

I have 1 more query related to License installation in DNAC, Can you please share your expertise on that part as well.

Please find URL for other query -

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-digital-network/license-installation-in-dnac/m-p/4057171#M1936

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: