cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System update of DNA Center (9800-CL integration)

pcarlier1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My company would like to perform a system update for our DNA center and I was wondering if there are things I should watch out for since we have a 9800-CL (16.12.4a) Non-Fabric deployment using DNAC.

We are upgrading from 2.2.2.4 to 2.2.2.6. The upgrade guide makes it seem like a walk in the park and I can't find any info regarding pitfalls to keep in mind. Seems to easy which in my experience it usually isn't.

Would love some feedback on this. Thank!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

The 9800 controller has has nothing to do with how DNAC is updated.  I have done many DNAC system upgrades. I will say they are “that easy” unless you hit a weird bug.  However, since your staying in the same train version, you are safe for the system upgrade.  Version 2.2.2.6 is a bug release only.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

The 9800 controller has has nothing to do with how DNAC is updated.  I have done many DNAC system upgrades. I will say they are “that easy” unless you hit a weird bug.  However, since your staying in the same train version, you are safe for the system upgrade.  Version 2.2.2.6 is a bug release only.  

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to be really thorough, you can run the AURA tool ahead of time:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215840-cisco-dna-center-aura-audit-and-upgrad.html

Personally, I would probably skip this step when upgrading to a bug fix release, as you are.  I would probably run it when upgarding to 2.2.3.x and definitely run it when upgrading to a new major release like 3.x (whenever that day comes)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: