cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System update of DNA Center (9800-CL integration)

pcarlier1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My company would like to perform a system update for our DNA center and I was wondering if there are things I should watch out for since we have a 9800-CL (16.12.4a) Non-Fabric deployment using DNAC.

We are upgrading from 2.2.2.4 to 2.2.2.6. The upgrade guide makes it seem like a walk in the park and I can't find any info regarding pitfalls to keep in mind. Seems to easy which in my experience it usually isn't.

Would love some feedback on this. Thank!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

The 9800 controller has has nothing to do with how DNAC is updated.  I have done many DNAC system upgrades. I will say they are “that easy” unless you hit a weird bug.  However, since your staying in the same train version, you are safe for the system upgrade.  Version 2.2.2.6 is a bug release only.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

The 9800 controller has has nothing to do with how DNAC is updated.  I have done many DNAC system upgrades. I will say they are “that easy” unless you hit a weird bug.  However, since your staying in the same train version, you are safe for the system upgrade.  Version 2.2.2.6 is a bug release only.  

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to be really thorough, you can run the AURA tool ahead of time:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215840-cisco-dna-center-aura-audit-and-upgrad.html

Personally, I would probably skip this step when upgrading to a bug fix release, as you are.  I would probably run it when upgarding to 2.2.3.x and definitely run it when upgrading to a new major release like 3.x (whenever that day comes)