cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer of DNA License

AmitJoshi51104
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I have a network switch which I had purchased for X customer; however due to a change in the network design, it is no longer required. I would like to deploy this switch at Customer Y now - however Customer Y would like to use DNA Essentials license. 

During the purchase, the license was associated with Customer X. How do I solve this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi AdamF1 

Thank you! I did exactly that. Cisco Licensing support was kind enough to support with this problem. and now problem is resolved. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi inderdeeps 

Actually I need to change the smart-account association of the DNA license from customer X to Customer Y.  (the device is the same)! 

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@AmitJoshi51104 : then it will be move of the license from one smart account to another. May be for this you can ask Cisco TAC but you can transfer from One virtual account to another 

https://software.cisco.com/web/fw/softwareworkspace/smartlicensing/ssmcompiledhelps/c_Transferring_a_License.html 

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to open a ticket with the licensing team to transfer it but it might get complicated if the other company owns it as they may have to release it. 

Hi AdamF1 

Thank you! I did exactly that. Cisco Licensing support was kind enough to support with this problem. and now problem is resolved. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco